Automatic Sitemap Generation
Sitemaps play a major role in search engine optimization. It’s mainly containing page URL of the website. This sitemaps file help search engines to crawl the pages more effectively and efficiently. In BoldDesk, a sitemap will be generated in XML format, and it will be generated automatically.
Sitemap in SEO settings:
- Navigate to Admin Module
- Click the Customer Portal option in Settings section.
- Select the Knowledge Base tab.
- Navigate to SEO section
The Change Frequency section is used to know how often the page content will modified. You can choose following values
- To view the sitemap content, click on the navigation option available on the right.
How does the sitemap look?
The sitemap protocol format consists of XML tags. It has the following characteristics:
- < loc > - This tag contains the absolute URL, or the locator of the page.
- < lastmod > - This contains information about the page last modified date.
- < changefreq > - The URL for an XML sitemap is typically at the root of a domain
Sitemap generation which is available only for the custom domain mapped portals.
How to submit your sitemap to Google Search Console?
- Sign in to your Google Search Console.
- In the sidebar, select your website.
- Then click on “Sitemaps” available under the “Index” section.
- Add the sitemap URL generated through BoldDesk knowledge base software in the “Add a new sitemap” field.
- Click Submit